Monday, June 14, 2004

132 -78 free throw advantage, 115 -78 fouls called advantage, 4-0 opening tip violation advantage, yet I'm the only one who sees a disconcerting difference in how the officials are calling this series.

It's gotten to the point where I can't even be upset anymore. I feel like the crazy person who really isn't crazy; rather just has a deeper understanding. No one can convince me that one team is aggresive enough to have a 50 free throw advantage. 1) They are a physical team which would lead one to believe that they would commit more fouls because in order to be physical, you have to make a lot of contact. 2)Aggression leading to more free throws? Most of the calls they have gotten have been phantom fouls when viewed upon replay. I know I know, refs are only human (old humans, but humans nonetheless) that see and react at real speed. But after four games, you would think their seeing and reacting would adjust at least a little.....And what call are they making exactly on the opening jump ball for 4 STRAIGHT GAMES?!?!

No comments: