Saturday, October 08, 2005

Death of Movie theatres

A lot has been made of Hollywood not making the money it once did. Critics and reporters say it's due to other forms of entertainment. Some say it's due to movies just not being as good. Well, after another theatre going experience ruined by other patrons I think I have my own spin on why Hollywood isn't getting the moolah from movies the way it used to:

People are rude. They go to the theatre to show off their cell phone. They come in late and leave early. They talk through the entire movie just loud enough to be heard by everyone in their near vicinity with hopes of drawing laughter from a stranger outside of the party they came to the theatre with. This is what's killing Hollywood. I personally am having second thoughts about ever going to a theatre on a Friday or Saturday night again.

I need to win the lotto so I can buy my own theatre and actively enforce my right to refuse service to folks. In fact, upon entering my theatre, you will be given a ticket that corresponds to a bin in which your cellphone and any other electronic products will be placed for the duration of the movie. Theatres will be actively patrolled for habitual conversations. And folks would be thrown out after only one warning. Thrown off the premises.....