Saturday, June 24, 2006

Lennox Lewis Lines Of the Night

Lennox Lewis is doing color commentary for HBO's Boxing after Dark....let's track his performance.

-Lennox officially referred to himself in the third person less than 5 minutes into the broadcast.

-Lennox states "You'll find lots of basketball players that are good basketball players", in reference to one of tonite's pugilists once being good enough for a college basketball scholarship.

Sidebar - I sure do love Paul Masson Brandy. I see other blogs with PayPal donate buttons. I wonder if I can get a Paul masson donate button?

-Through a round and a half, Lennox has done a pretty decent job. Nothing that will be repeated in boxing philosophical texts, but nothing that makes him sound like he took one too many punches.

-Lennox messed up a bit in the third. Bringing up the list of one of the combatant's favorite fighters, poor Lennox forgot the folks on the list, bringing up only my boy Pernell Whitaker.

Sidebar - I took my nipple ring out last week before my echocardiogram (oh yeah, had some heart issues, had to do a bunch of tests that will end up costing me 800 bucks probably just so they can tell me it's all good) and decided not to put it back in. Hell, I'll be 32 years old in a couple of months. What the hell am I doing with a ring and hole in my nipple?

-Lennox just said 'This ain't boxing, this is the sweet science right now.' Uh, boxing is called the sweet science so can that statement possibly be right?

-Lennox has gotten mysteriously quiet. I think he got him a groupie...

Sidebar - There is a pimpin101.net site....I'll let you take it from here.

Sidebar extended - Sadly, I found that pimpin101 site because of the pimpbook.com...yeah a pimpin manual....once again I'll let you take it from here

-Lennox says with 1 minute left in round 11 of 12 'He needs a knockout, he's basically got 6 minutes.....' Er, that would be 4 minutes but who's counting....

Sidebar - You remember back in the day when they had the squirt bottles in the corners? Now they got aquafina bottles.....

Sidebar -  Good first fight.  Quintana defeated Julio via unanimous decision. Quintana was the underdog though both fighters were undefeated.

Ok, Lennox is talking a lot less so I'll end this post now.......

No comments: