Friday, July 15, 2011

Gluten - I blame Oprah

Over and over throughout a day, I feel I have been recently bombarded with 'gluten-free'. Being the googligan that I am, I decided it was time to google gluten and figure out why my body should be free of it.

As it turns out, my body should not be free of it. In fact, in some cases it may be harmful for my body to be free of it. According to WebMD, a gluten-free diet has long been a staple resolution for particular medical conditions. Specifically, celiac's disease may be improved by a gluten-free diet.

So why the recent craze? Oprah's ass! She mentioned it on her brainwashing telecast that she was going on a temporary gluten-free diet and boom, the world needs to be gluten-free. Again, I blame Oprah!

As a side note, there are purported other benefits to a gluten free diet but these haven't been confirmed wholistically by the medical community.

No comments: