Monday, August 20, 2007

Some of the best times

A lot of fathers talk of not feeling a connection to their sons until they are able to play with them, get reactions, and have some two way interaction with their child.  Maybe I was lucky, or maybe it was all that went into getting lil man into the world, but I think it took maybe 15 seconds before I had a connection with my son. 

I was the first to feed him, the first to change him, and I'm proud of that.  But of all the things I love about lil man, some of the best times were, and this is going to sound horrible, when he was sick with a cold.  For around two weeks, he just couldn't sleep on his back due to his congestion.  And due the fear of SIDS, we didn't feel comfortable letting him sleep on his stomach in his bassinet.  So I would let him sleep on my chest on his stomach that way he was constantly monitored.  Ever since those two weeks, I enjoy when we 'camp out' downstairs.  Just me, lil man, horrible late night programming and the good ol' leather couch and Lakers blanket.

No comments: