Monday, July 11, 2005

Age is a creepin'

Played some ball yesterday afternoon. Besides not having the stamina, which is understandable given my time spent in bars vs gyms, I realized quite a bit. The game has just about passed my by now. My quick first step surprised no one, mainly because it's no longer quick. My hops can no longer be leaned on. I may jump and get up like the ol' days every once in a while but on average my knees prefer not to exert themselves.

And this being the second time in a week that I've played, I've noticed considerable back pain the next morning. I guess I need to stretch.

Oddly enough, knowing that the game is/has passing/passed me by makes me want to play more. I almost want to get back into shape....we'll see how long this feeling lasts.

2 comments:

Xpinionated said...

No see they were paid for their athletic age defying defiance....I gain nothing...just losing self esteem....

Xpinionated said...

I can't give up so easy...once my knees stop hurting, I'll be good...