Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Life Change

My job is in jeopardy, thanks to good ol' offshore outsourcing. I wonder what corporate America is going to do when the Americans they keep laying off can't afford the products and services they keep shipping to India and Mexico to be produced?

In any case, I'm considering a career change. The problem is that I've done the same thing for my entire career, so I don't know what I'd want to do. The IT industry is too shaky for my taste with no faith in American workers, and the requirement to stay current when the next thing is never really known. I've never even really thought about what else I'd like to do.

I did a career evaluation test thingy. I scored higher than 95% of test takers in having an affinity for writing. I do have four blogs though I haven't updated as much as possible. I scored higher than 80% of folks in careers dealing with people. Odd since I've always said I don't like people.

So putting one and one together, it looks like I need a job where I can write and affect people. I should be a cop so I can write tickets!!!

No comments: