Thursday, April 20, 2006

Playoff Time

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Or second, NFL playoffs are pretty damn exciting as well!

We finished pretty strong, 5 straight victories...our longest winning streak of the year. Longest winning streak for two years actually. We play Phoenix Sunday at 3:30.

A friend of mine was saying how bad we needed to win game one. I don't think we need to win game one and I'll tell you why. Winning game one as an underdog accomplishes several things: sets the tone, builds confidence, and lastly it can wake a sleeping giant. All of these things can be done by winning, say a game two and then heading back to your home court to play. Now, I'm not saying we should just throw game one by any means. I'm simply saying I think a bit too much emphasis is placed on game one.

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Lakers for their playoff birth! I certainly missed you last year. Let's shock the world!

No comments: