Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Devean George - Thanks for the run

Devean George, a long-time Laker by today's standards, looks to be signing with the Dallas Mavericks.

Though sad for some of us, this move is not surprising.  Actually, I'm a bit surprised he finished the season as a Laker given his injury woes the previous season.

I think he will do well in Dallas.  He can run the floor and fill the lanes on fast breaks.  When he's confident, he can knock down three's at a decent pace.   His athleticism is definitely an asset.

Now a lot of folks that know me personally know that I can turn on a player leaving the Lakers in a heartbeat.  Ask Shaquira.  But what needs to be understood is that I don't turn on players because they leave, I turn on players because of how they leave.  Devean will always get my support as long as he's not playing against the Lakers.  It's really as simple as that.  Good D.George, thanks for the run....

No comments: