Monday, July 24, 2006

Nervous Daddy Update

I have been keeping a private separate blog chronicling our pregnancy...now I may have to add it as a category here since Blogger has been pretty sketchy availability-wise....this would have been the last post had Blogger been up and running.. . . . .

We will be 15 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow.  Right now, it's still sort of settling in on me.  Without my wife showing, it's hard to grasp that I'm an expecting father.  I definitely can grasp it more when I go with her to OB\GYN appointment.  Then I get to hear the heart beat and of course we have ultrasound pictures from around the 8 or 9 week timeframe.  My wife said she felt the baby flutter last week.  She wasn't sure it was the baby but it was something she had never felt before so I'm going with that.

I'm reading 'The Expectant Father'.  It came with a packet of stuff Lindsay received from some program at her job.  It's pretty interesting reading and it's nice that it is from a male perspective.

I think my biggest fear, after of course any physical problems with the baby, is how we are going to support the baby.  Daycares run close to 200 a week, and that alone is outside of money we have.  It's going to be a huge adjustment for both of us.  I want to start looking for ways we can cut costs now...

No comments: