Say what you want about American Idol, but tryouts are one of the best things going on TV. Tonite's gems:
- Randy says "You don't have to be a singer", and Simon follows with "And now you know you never will". After a bit of crying, the contestant goes outside to converse with the camera saying "I keep waiting for them to come out here and say psych". Wow, she said psych. I guess they still say that in Minnesota?
- Paula Abdul: "Oh my god that's a note I've never heard"
- Jewel: "So are you serious when you're doing this?"
- Contestant: "Do you guys want the poster" (She had a Wizard of Oz poster as she had done a ditty as the lion from the movie. Randy's reply? "No"
- Randy: "Man, Prince'll never be on this show again"