Friday, September 28, 2007

Ho Hum Saturday

I think this may be the first ho-hum Saturday of college football.  The only matchup of ranked teams comes Friday night as West Virginia tries avenge last year's upset loss to South Florida.  I retract that....Cal plays Oregon state in a matchup of ranked Pac10 teams.  But I don't know if either of those games is 'miss family time' important. 

My 9 month old will be joining me to watch the Hokies take on UNC.  At this point, there are a couple of things that worry me about the Hokies of 2007.  The offensive line has not produced holes for Branden Ore and as such Ore's numbers are dismal.  Secondly, the offense as a whole still seems to be struggling and unable to put a multiple long, dominating drives together. 

I would call tomorrow's game a tuneup for our second trip to a stadium nicknamed 'Death Valley' but at this point no game is a given.  And with Clemson, Boston College, and Ga Tech on the docket for 3 out of the 4 October weekends, tune up time is done. 

No comments: