Saturday, December 01, 2007

Handed to us

The Jazz handed us our asses last night.  52 points in the paint -- at halftime.  Yeah, the Lakers had 51 points total at halftime.  Every loose ball, every rebound, every bounce went their way.  Out-hustled, out-played, and out-skilled.  My hats off to the Jazz for their play.

Now, you know I wasn't going to post without some kind of complaint about last night.  After all, I usually post when something's bothering me.  The Jazz fans booed Derek Fisher last night.  I'm assuming they felt slighted that D.Fish wanted out of his contract with Utah over the summer.  Normally, booing a player asking to be released would be acceptable.  But Fish didn't leave because of normal player boohooing - he left to find better care for his daughter.  How a group of fans can put their basketball team -- their title-less basketball team (not that that makes a difference, just an opp for a cheap shot; like the one Jazz fans delivered last night) -- above a player caring for his daughter is beyond me. 

No comments: