Wednesday, December 26, 2007

San Fran Zoo Riot

So I just saw a local news report regarding the lion attack at the San Francisco zoo.  Sad indeed.  Of course, Xpinionated's spin is slightly different.  Listening to the police spokesman, she said that the lion had killed one person was standing over another injured person, and yet another injured zoo visitor lay nearby.  The police. . . .yelled... at the lion as an attempt to get it to leave the injured person it was cowering over alone.  Now, if I'm standing over a body and don't freeze when the police expect me to freeze, I could easily catch three warning shots in the back.   Yet an animal is yelled at.  A wild animal with a history of human attacks is yelled at.  Further proof that this country is more lenient with animals than with humans.....

Technorati tags: ,

2 comments:

Peaches said...

Riot?

It was a tiger, not a lion, who escaped its enclosure, killing one young man. The tiger was killed...I wouldn't call that leniency. Police are still investigating whether the tiger was taunted, causing her to leap out of the enclosure.

You might want to change your tags.

Xpinionated said...

I stand corrected. Tiger vs Lion. Riot was used for affect. And the point wasn't necessary about the ultimate outcome as much as it was about the approach of yelling at an animal that had already killed and (according to the press conference I saw from the police) was 'cowering over another injured person'. It seems like tranquilizers would be readily available at a zoo....

And I don't know if I want to change my tags 'cuz I'm not sure I 'preciate your tone. Plus I'm lazy.