Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kobe Happy?

After the turmoil of the Kobe-capades this summer, is Kobe Bryant happy?  It would appear so as the Lakers sit at 15 - 9, fourth in the talented Western conference.

"This [Lakers'] team is the closest I've ever been on," Bryant said. "I feel we have a bond as a group. There are no cliques. We all hang out together. I'm happy with it."

"With trades, you never know what's going to happen," said Bryant, whom Lakers insiders say hasn't mentioned being traded since the Bulls talks ended. "I'm happy to be playing and not caught up in the business. It becomes too difficult for me to be involved. I don't have that great education, so I can't handle that type of stuff. My high school education just can't get it done."

As you may remember, a certain Lakers fan stated that should the Lakers get off to a good start, perhaps Mamba would change his tune.  I don't want to jinx anything and Kobe may not have changed his tune entirely, but he has muted it for the time being!

--

In other observations, I haven't been able to see as many games this year due to circumstances but looking at the box scores I can't but be happy about Sasha's progress this season.  In fact, big kudos to our entire bench and all the youngsters showing up in ways bigger than expected.  Baby boy Bynum is doing his part to prove that Lakers management got it right by keeping him.  Turiaf continues to bring the necessary energy to bring life to the game at any given moment.  Farmar continues to improve, D. Fish leads by example, and V.Rad is playing like we expected when he was acquired. 

Getting excited.....

No comments: