Thursday, September 28, 2006

32 and counting

Well, I'm 32 years old as of this past Monday.  It was a fairly quiet birthday which is fine.  I didn't expect too much, didn't want too much so it worked out.  It was actually kind of weird all day.  I used to get so excited about my birthday coming up but this year I didn't really put too much into it.  Part of getting older maybe?

The way I see it, at 32 and a black male, I've got half the battle won.  I'm not in jail, nor do I have any plans that would result in such an outcome.  I'm alive, working, loving, and being loved....32 ain't too bad at all.  Not too mention Devin Xavier is doing well in the womb.  I felt him move definitively for the first time last night.  Yet another one of those reaffirming moments when you realize everything you've known is about to change.  I should start watching Disney now so it won't annoy me later ;)

I still worry about how we are going to support this baby.  We make enough money but we have become so accustomed to a lifestyle that revolves around pretty immediate gratification.  We want something...we typically get it pretty quickly.  Now, we have a new life to consider.  We have to put ourselves on the back burner for the sake of lil man.  I think we can do it.  We've managed this far and with time I think we'll do it instinctively to the point where it won't hurt so bad.  Plus, I've tried to get as many of my toys before the baby was born as I could ;)

No comments: