Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sour Start for The Season

I guess we should have known it wasn't going to be a good night when Redskin safety Pierson Prioleau is injured on the field and the clock reads 15:00 1st qtr.

I won't say it was downhill from there, after all there were some plateaus, but all in all the defense was less than impressive as they were unable to stop the Vikings on third down conversions, or second down conversions for that matter.

The offense was less than less than impressive.  No typo in the previous sentence.  Can someone, anyone, tell me what exactly Mark Brunell is doing in practice that convinces Joe Gibbs that this ol' clunker of a qb has anything left in the tank.  From throwing the ball away at the very first hint of defensive pressure, to the inability to stop while rolling out so he can deliver an accurate pass, to the 'Let me throw off my back foot mentality just in case I get hit' mechanics, Brunell proves game in and game out that he is more washed up than a sheet on a clotheline in the backyard on a breezy day.

I'm not giving up.  It's much too early for that.  But I do want to see Jason Campbell around the 6th week.  I want to see Randle El with the ball in his hands as much as possible.  I want to see Santana going deep, Brandon Lloyd going up, and Clinton Portis going through.  I do not want to see a repeat of last night!

No comments: