Thursday, September 21, 2006

Too much respect?

Normally, I wouldn't doubt anybody giving Va Tech a high ranking.  But I waltzed across CBS Sportsline's Top 119 this morning.  And to my surprise the Hokies are ranked 5th in the nation!!!

I personally have been less impressed with the Hokies this year.  Well, maybe 'less impressed' isn't the right way to express my view.  I've not been wowed yet.  I see a lot of issues that I think need to be corrected in this week's game against a game Cincinatti team.  The list of issues as follows:

  • The offense has yet to show that it can move the ball consistently.

  • Special teams lapses ie two blocked PAT's last week

  • Not enough Brandon Ore


The defense looks pretty good so that should keep us in a lot of games that the offense alone may not be able to do.  I still worry.  With one more 'warmup game' (<-and I use that very loosely), there are plenty of practice items that need to be fixed.

No comments: