Monday, April 07, 2008

Down the wire

It's coming down to the wire in one of the greatest playoff races in recent NBA history.  The Lake Show has locked up it's 55th (out of 60 years) playoff appearance and now focuses on getting a better seed.  Right now, the teams I don't want to play in the playoffs are Golden State, New Orleans, and to a lesser degree Houston.  I'm not talking matchups here.  I'm talking bad feelings.  I just don't feel good running into those teams until we are on all cylinders. 

With Gasol back in the lineup, it looks like we are starting to play to our capabilities rather than to the level of competition.

I fear Kobe may once again be shunned in the MVP race if the Hornets lock up the one seed.  It truly is a shame that the best player in the league has never one the award.

I must give Lamar Odom his proper props for Friday night's game.  I've ridden him quite hard for a few years so when he has a night like he did against the Mavs, it's only right I at least mention it.  Keep it up Lamar, love the way you play when you're relaxed in the third option role.

Who would have thought we were in for a 50+ win season when this roller-coaster began?

No comments: