Thursday, April 24, 2008

Take the time to Notice

I don't know if I am going through some chemical imbalance the past few days but I have been pretty emotional watching little man this week.  He's so amazing, from him ability to pretend to not here you say no to his finally giving you a kiss after you stopped asking for one an hour ago, everything he does just kind of leaves you in awe. 

We have this game where he runs in circles from the living room, through the french doors and dining room, into the kitchen, through the foyer and back into the living room.  My part is to hide somewhere along his route.  Usually, I'm either in the bathroom, up the stairs a little ways or just badly hidden like a cat with his tail out.  Then I jump out and say hey and if he's surprised he says 'O000hhhhhgobagodoogabal'.  Well, we were doing this the other day and I guess he REALLY wasn't expecting me.  His exact words were scarily close to 'OOOHHHHJESSUS'!  Absolutely hilarious.

Our other game is from the football practices of old.  We stand in place and run and then fall down and pop back up.  What makes it fun for us parentals is that he's saying 'Ooohhhhh' the whole time we run in place.  Then we fall and he bursts into laughter...it's the funniest thing for him to run in place and fall.  Unfortunately, I'm so out of shape that after two or three times of doing this, I need a break.....I'm gonna have to get in better shape.

Daddy and Devin on the Laptop And, then there's the new game that we don't like.  In this game, which is further proof that boys are daredevils from their first breath, he finds a way onto the coffe table.  A toy, a box, whatever he can climb on to get on the table.  We didn't mind at first because he showed significant caution about 1) what he did on the coffee table which was usually pacing and yelling, and 2) he always got onto his stomach and slid backward to get off the table.  But for the past week, he's decided that he wants to jump off of the table into my arms.  I made the mistake of catching him and laughing once.  Now he thinks it's a game....we gotta break this game

 

Above, Devin and Daddy on the Laptop

No comments: