Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day Fodder

So I'm standing in line waiting to be the good American and cast my vote for the next chief of the union.  It's 8:30 am, I was out drinking last night watching my 'Skins suck arse.  With this said, yeah, not in the best of moods.  

As my fortune would have it, there are two soccer moms a couple of folks ahead of me who happen to know each other and happen to also talk . . . a lot.  

The most interesting conversation was from the unemployed soccer mom.  As she waxed poetic on how some video games are just too violent for her 14 or 15 years old, she held in her hands a book by the title of 'Kill Me', highlighted with a bullet for the 'i' in Kill.  Irony at it's finest.

Early she stated that she could not believe that there were kids who were left alone at home at the age of 13.  I think back and I was a latch key child, along with my sister for as long as I can remember.  Maybe you can't trust your little badass kids but don't assume your burden is shared by all.  

As you can tell, these ladies soon got on my nerves.  And for the first hour and a half, I had no distraction.  Just their constant....constant.....constant yapping.  Luckily as we neared the actual election room, the general buzz of the crowd ground them out of my earshot.

No comments: