Thursday, January 27, 2005

Georgia Force

I am an Arena Football fan. But I am extremely disappointed at the purchase of the Georgia Force by Arthur Blank, owner of the Falcons. His first move as team owner: move the team to Phillips Arena downtown. Never mind the Force experienced their greatest growth in North Atlanta where there old stadium is located. No, let's move them back to the place where attendance was horrid and further from their core audience. That way we can charge for parking and gouge folks for everything else. Free parking at the old stadium, $10-15 downtown. $5 beer at the old stadium, $7.50 downtown. $20 ticket 15 rows from the field on the sideline at the old place, $34 downtown. Fuck Arthur Blank!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called business. You don't like it, go watch a high school football game.

Xpinionated said...

Please kind anonymous sir, tell me what friggin high school is playing football from January to June? I guess in your world if you don't like something you just don't say anything about it. Turn your back and move on right?

Perhaps the 'Fuck Arthur Blank' wasn't necessary but it's how I felt at the time and I can't say I feel considerably different now.

I enjoyed myself more at Arena football games than I did Falcons games so I'm glad he's done great things for the Falcons but that is of no concern to me.