Thursday, August 11, 2005

Updates From Camp:

From Fanball.com:
Redskins: Arrington close to returning
Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington passed a conditioning test on Tuesday and is close to returning to practice. Arrington is recovering from multiple right knee surgeries, and Tuesday's test involved him running 14 40-yard dashes. "He passed it with flying colors," director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer told the Washington Post. "We're real proud of him. He did great. We're getting close." Arrington could practice on a limited basis starting next week.

Redskins running back Clinton Portis told reporters on Tuesday that he added roughly 20 pounds over the offseason. He was listed at 205 last season but claims to be at 225 right now. "I picked up 20 pounds getting in the weight room," he informed the Washington Post. "Pretty much it was just working [out]. I knew what it was going to take. I knew I needed to pick up weight for the type of offense that we're running. In the two-yard gains, I probably need this weight to turn 'em into four or five."

Arrington? Who is this Arrington of which you speak? I seem to remember signing someone of that name that had amazing (as the 'experts' love to say) upside but he vanished. Could this be the same Arrington? Lavar has maybe one more season in Washington to prove his worth before it's time to start calling for a trade in my opinion. I also remember reading recently that he is involved in a contract dispute for 17 months. How can you dispute your pay when you haven't worked?

No comments: