Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Latest

The 'Skins took part in a three team trade the other night acquiring T.J. Duckett from the Falcons while sending a draft pick (3rd round I think) to the Broncos.  The Falcons received disgruntled WR Ashley Lelie.

I like the move.  Oddly, on Tuesday before the trade was announced, I told a coworker that the Redskins could use a Duckett.  Lo and behold, call me a prophet, but Duckett will get some time in the backfield against New England this weekend.  The other RB's are a bit worried, outside of Portis of course, about their roles.  I'm sure Gibbs has no intention of taking Portis, Duckett, Ladell Betts, Mike Sellers, and Rock Cartwright into the season.  Who gets traded is the million dollar question....

In other 'Skins news, Mark Brunell 'tweaked' his groin today.  He's not expected to miss significant time.  Also, Shawn Springs is looking questionable to doubtful for the opener after having abdominal surgery.

No comments: