Monday, August 07, 2006

Life can be simple

Sometimes amid the hustle and bustle of life, you have one of those days where simplicity smiles on you.  Things don't necessarily go right or wrong, they just go and you're no better or worse off than when you woke up.  And sometimes that's the best....

Good friends, funny conversation, and getting to know just an inkling more about folks can make your day.  With Mrs. Xpinionated busting her arse in New York, I spent the evening at my local watering hole, as you faithful readers know I sometimes tend to do.  Saw some folks I hadn't seen in a while and others that will be moving on shortly to the next phase of their life.  This combination of life's transitions made me feel good.  Kinda like realizing that no matter what life will go on in it's own little way.

Two friends of mine who waitress at my watering hole worked their last shift.   It was  bittersweet because they have really grown on me but at the same time I'm very proud of them.  They renew my faith in life about truly good people.  On the flip side, I saw someone who used to work at my local watering hole (I really like that 'watering hole' phrase especially since no one seems to drink water at their watering hole).  She had been through some rough circumstances but it hadn't, or at least didn't appear to, change her personality.  She was just as sweet as she was the last time I saw her.  O dear readers, that is what life is about.  Being who you are regardless of the hurdles and roadblocks.  Taking what life throws at you, catching it, and running for the first down (yeah, I'm so ready for football season).

But I feel as if I'm rambling without spitting true knowledge....so I guess what I'm trying to say is friends are hard to come by and you'll know true friends when they've left and come back yet the absence hasn't changed your friendship.  I understand that sometimes friends grow apart but true friends just grow together.....

No comments: