Monday, August 07, 2006

Saturday Night

Saturday night I spent massaging my wife's feet and painting her toes.  Oddly enough, I kind of enjoyed it....probably shouldn't let her know that but it's true.

I think she's starting to show a little bit now.  We will be 17 weeks tomorrow.  Some days I don't think it's set in to me yet that I'll be a father.  Other days, it scares the living feces out of me.  I don't know how we're going to afford a baby.  I don't know how to take care of a baby.  Do they come with instructions?  Day care alone will run us $600 a month.  I don't recall us ever having an extra $600 bucks at the end of the month.  Not to mention diapers, baby food, wetnaps, and whatever else we'll be needing.  I think we are going to have to make some pretty severe changes to our lifestyle now.  I think we will need to start doing that now.

With all that said, I am excited about the baby though I probably don't share enough of that excitement with Mrs. Xpinionated.  I don't know why I don't express it.  Like I said, I think I'm worrying about all that could go wrong and it's kind of taking it's toll on the excitement.

2 comments:

Chaka said...

Ok, so the painting the toes thing is a little off...but very cute. You get definite
husband points for that!
As far as the baby worries go, all of us have had them and all
of us seem to do ok with what we get. You and Mrs. Xpinionated are going to be great
parents. I think you are already reading the daddy book which is all you can do at
this point. If babies came with instructions, it wouldn't be as much fun watching them
discover their hands and feet or watching them try to figure out what to do with the puzzle
you give them. Don't worry so much, it all works out even though you can't picture it.

Quiet06 said...

Congrats on the addition to your family. You will be a great father and Mrs. Xpinionated
be a great mother. I hear your concerns are common for new fathers. You have a good heart and
are great with kids and you are a good person. Raising your child will come naturally to ya.