Monday, October 29, 2007

The Little Things

I got home last night, slightly disappointed because of the game, and fearing that Mrs. Xpinionated was gonna be upset at me for taking to long returning home.  I put on some Buju Banton on the ride home and sang my heart out.  As I get out of the car, I hear Mrs. Xpinionated and lil Mr. Xpinionated. 

Uh oh, lil Mr. Xpinionated had been fussy all weekend from his teething and flu shot.  Fussy is an understatement, the boy had been bipolar, from laughing and cooing to straight throwing a fit like we left him with Michael Jackson and R.Kelly for a weekend getaway.

But to my surprise, they were playing and laughing.  I walked just inside the door and just watched for a few moments....taking it in.  Suddenly, the horrible game, or games including Thursday night's events, were wiped away.  The house smelled of Sunday dinner, my wife and kid were having a blast and I got home in time to see it and enjoy it.

My heart put two hands in the air like lil man does when you say 'YEAAAAAAA'

No comments: