Friday, July 09, 2004

It's been a while since I posted regularly but summertime is so less creative for me. Uh, let's see. Making quite a few friends here in Winston Salem....to the point that I hate to tell them that I may be leaving soon. I ran into a friend I went to VT with. Turns out she is a pretty cool chick. We didn't hang out much in college since I didn't mess with white folk too much, you know I was in my militant phase. But she told me last night that I seemed very different than what she remembered. I was like it's because I talk to white people now. And she was quiet for a second and then she said 'Maybe that's it'. But we ended up hanging out most of the night with good conversation....cool chick cool chick.

I had a thought the other night during karaoke night. Karaoke is discriminatory towards the illiterate. What if someone plagued by illiteracy wants to sing 867-5309 but can't remember all the words. Are they forced to endure the embarassment of having to hum parts they don't know?!?!? WE MUST MAKE KARAOKE AVAILABLE TO ALL!!!!!

No comments: