Tuesday, July 20, 2004

My off the chain list for July (I say it like I do one every month):

Music:
Joss Stone: The Soul Sessions - This girl can blow. She has a smooth R&B style even though most of her songs are covers. There are one or two tracks on the 10 song CD that are suspect but all in all worth the purchase.
Javier - I can't remember the name of his album but I first heard on late night BET. The entire CD is worth it. I can't think of a song on this album that I dislike. And unlike the current R&B atmosphere, there are exactly zero rap interludes and not a single mention of 22's or a rolex, a BMW 745.

Video Games:
NCAA 2005 - A review of this game is probably uncalled for but at the same time a damn necessity. Can EA sports keep this up? Year after year they give me a brand new addiction and quite frankly, I'm dumbfounded. It's the attention to detail that puts this as a sports game of the year candidate. Camera panning to the fans as they hold up a user created sign. Crowd noise so loud the screen and the controller shimmy like Elton John at a gay music festival. Oh yeah, player suspensions due to academic violations, team rules violations, and who knows what else. And the NCAA will take scholarships. I haven't even gotten to the post season yet, I have a Music City Bowl to play against Ole Miss with Va Tech. There's so much more to this game but you just need to buy it yourself.

People:
This girl here in Winston I'll call C is cool as hell. I don't like to use folks names. She is ghetto as she wants to be, she trys to play hard, but she is just as sweet. She's cool to drink with.

This dude here in Winston I'll call J is just as cool. I actually met C through J. J has more woman problems with his ol' lady than any dude I have ever met that is only dating somebody. I can't think of a time that I've hung with both of them and some kind of argument broke out. But it's kinda funny too and makes me realize how lucky I am L-Boogie (my ol' lady) isn't as crazy as she could be.

No comments: