Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sensitivity Training

If I'm offended by sensitivity training, who do I report that to?

I was going through the required training for my new gig. Today's lesson was the anti-harassment training. So many classic moments to mention that I'm not quite sure I can list them all:

  • Asking the black guy to play on the rec league team because black people have 'leaps' and white guys and Koreans do not.

  • Heather's glandular problem being diagnosed as too many cheeseburgers and too little treadmills

  • Confused on whether being grabbed and kissed during happy hour should be reported as harassment


Funny stuff was captured in these videos. But the funniest moment of the day was when I was talking with a new employee who went through orientation yesterday. He was talking about the diversity section of the training and said,
What's the group for the straight white male?

I promptly replied,
Management

No comments: