Monday, May 03, 2004

I suspect that there are quite a few people that would think I am all broken down about the Lakers loss yesterday. Oddly enough, I'm not. I am slightly disappointed because I feel we beat ourselves (although I always feel that way). 10 turnovers in the fourth quarter? Unacceptable. Trying to lob to Shaq 2 or 3 times in 3 or 4 possessions? Unacceptable. Allowing a team to go on a 19 - 2 run in the most heated NBA rivalry? In the playoffs? Downright unacceptable. The good news is we shot horrible and I can only hope that we have hit bottom as far as our shooting is concerned because statistically we outrebounded and we did most of the other things to win accept make shots. Some will say that's because of the Spurs defense. Their defense is partially to blame but let's not go overboard with crediting their defense. Turnovers are turnovers. You can't do that and expect to win.....you just can't!

No comments: