Saturday, July 19, 2008

Good Ballin' Days

The human body is a strange thing.  The last time I dunked a basketball or even attempted to dunk had to be back in 2003.  I had become resigned to the fact that my body was no longer in basketball shape nor would it ever attain the basketball glory that it had once known.  After all, I had been spending more time in bars than in gyms without a doubt.

But yesterday afternoon, Chocolate Thunder drove around his man, and I jumped, I looked into the eye of the last defender and what I saw was immediate recognition that I was expected to dunk.  I was taking the big steps I used to take back when I could throw it down.  I went up, and up, and missed the dunk.  But I felt great just trying.  It felt right.  Of course, today everything on me is sore but it's nice to know that I'm slowly but surely returning to form!

No comments: