Monday, October 25, 2010

Atlanta Symphony

I saw a facebook post from Atlanta with Kid promoting $5 tickets to the Atlanta Symphony's Halloween show.  On the spur of the moment, I bought four tickets for the family.  I figured part of my job as a parent is to expose my kids to things outside of daily life and especially things outside of my comfort zone.  I figure if I get them outside of my comfort zone, not only will I experience something new, but we can experience something new together and they will be more well rounded than I at an earlier age.  And the earlier that one becomes well rounded, the longer they get to enjoy all the offerings available to them in life.

With that said, I probably enjoyed it more than the rest of the Xpinionated family.  I had never been to the symphony and I can't say I've ever had a desire to go either. I went through a classical music phase for a month maybe in high school.  Other than that, not so much my thing.

But I was excited to go today.  Devin and Talia were in their costumes looking cute as always.  They had no clue what was going on but they got to wear their costumes so I think that was good enough for them.  But once their faces lit up watching the dancers and the music filled the room, I admittedly got wrapped up into it all.

Going in, I had no clue how a symphony planned to keep children entertained.  After all, a symphony performance in and of itself is not enough to keep a toddler's attention.  But the added dancers ranging in age from 6 to professional dancers was just the right touch to keep the kids focused.  It was a very entertaining, family-friendly show.

No comments: