Friday, June 24, 2005

Ugh

So next week this time, my Local Watering Hole has a decision to make. Thanks to a law banning smoking, they have to decide who is more important to them: their smoking and drinking adult clientele, or their family-friendly business.

Quite frankly, I'm pretty disgusted with the number of children I see in my LWH on a regular basis. Parents whine that there are fewer and fewer choices for them to go out to eat...

1) You could maybe help the whole obese kid problem by fixing a healthy meal at home...if you have time to drive out to a bar, eat, sing a little karaoke, and head back home then you have time to cook.

2) There are tons of places with nonsmoking sections long before the freakin' ban goes into effect. Don't give me that fewer choices garbage.

3) Bars aren't meant for kids. No matter how much you may want to remember your 'partying' days, your kids shouldn't be in bars....ever. You chose to have kids so live with the decision, both the shortcomings and the gifts (which I imagine should outnumber your unwanted presence at the bar).

4) How long before legislation comes along that says I can't smoke on my patio, in my car, in my garage? Bars are bars. They aren't clinics. They aren't places folks go to decide next week's community events. They are establishments intended for adults to relax. No coloring books...no little screaming rug rats breaking video game machines though they have no money.....just cash paying adults!

Let's hope the LWH makes the right decision. I have few places where I completely feel relaxed and few outlets for that relaxation seeing as most of my former hobbies are becoming boring.....if my LWH switches up on me...there's no telling what I will do.

No comments: