Monday, September 08, 2003

Sports republicans are those media whores that let their opinions of an athletes personal life determine whether they garner professional respect. For example, last night Bill Romanowksi of the Oakland Raiders tackles this guy and in the process the guy doesn't land until he's out of bounds. Immediately, there are folks in my local watering hole saying that should be a penalty because Romanowski is a shitbag for breaking his teammates nose in a scuffle in practice, not a penalty because Romanowski broke any rules, just because he doesn't like him. I proceed to say during the game, the player's on field performance is all that matters....to which this person responds 'Well you're a Kobe fan so I expect that from you'......That's funny/sad because Kobe is innocent until proven guilty or does that not apply to black athletes......I should have said that to this guy but I didn't....I just stopped talking to him because I realized he was a sports republican.....

No comments: