Sunday, November 13, 2005

50 cent is Garbage

Okay, now that 50 Cent owns hip hop and pop radio, I must admit that I cannot stand this new-age Mace.

Reason 1: Reason 1 is actually pet peeve 274. I can't stand when a person's mouth is never closed. I'm talking in a won't shut up kind of way. No, I mean, physically their mouth is never closed. Like a venus fly trap awaiting pray his mouth is always slightly open...I know he has big teeth but really? Never closing your mouth can't be healthy...

Reason 2: He is not a great lyricist. Hell, he's not even that good. 'Same two step with a little twist....'

Reason 3: Has he ever rapped about anything? I mean I know you have to put those three or four songs on your album that are made for the radio\club but usually there is something of content on your album....usually....

Reason 4: He feels responsible for Kanye West's success. No, the reason for Kanye West's success is variety. Even though he's sampled more than a fat kid at Baskin Robbins, at least he is talking about something...from Sierra Leonne to Golddigger, at least he's reaching people on more than just a Dre beat.

I'm sure if I didn't feel like I was adding to 50 cent's buzz by this post, I could continue until the wee hours. However, I feel like reading now....