Friday, November 18, 2005

Get me to shut up about them

Go buy your rims if it will get you to shut up about them....

From a person spending four grand on unneeded bedroom furniture, 600 on unnneeded coffee tables and end tables, 500 on a Dyson....that hasn't done anything particular special.

I swear I don't ask for a lot. I covet things but deny the urge to go and get them. When she wants something, it's an immediate purchase. When I want something, it's find a good deal, save for it, etc. Was the four grand a good deal? I should say not since the frame broke within a week. It's been fine since being replaced but I'm sure rooms to go had something a little more responsible price wise....wait...we didn' t even need the furniture.

How can I get across to my wife that the only thing I feel is 100% COMPLETELY MINE is my car. The house is her playground. My car is my car. My entire driving life, I've wanted a car with rims, a nice system, a little custom touch to it. When I was single, never had the money to do it. Since I've been married, everytime I think I may do it, the money is either spent on something else or sent to a credit card or something happens where what I've saved is put back into the joint account. Quite honestly, I'm sick of it.

I'm tired of hearing 'I want...' and 'Can we . . . '. I love my wife dearly but I do not think she will ever be content, ever. Simply put.

I guess I have to come to grips with knowing that getting the bigger things that I want will be few and far between.. . . . . . . . . .

No comments: