Tuesday, February 14, 2006

And so

It is St. Valentine's Day. Luckily, as I may have hinted 365 days ago, I am not Catholic and thus I am not forced to celebrate.

The Olympics are going on but since it is the winter version, my interest is far from piqued. In fact, only yesterday I learned where the heck Torino is. And today, I can't remember the answer.

I didn't realize until I had the misfortune of watching last night that the Bachelor has had 11 seasons. 11 seasons and what 3 marriages. You know, speaking of ineptitude, am I the only one that finds these reality shows ridiculously racist. Yep, the race card. I'm throwing it out there. Are there no single, rich ethnic folks looking for love in all the wrong places. Do black, asian, or hispanic men not seek to air their courtship of 15 young sexy ethnic women on TV for millions to behold. Or is it the ethnics are good enough to laugh at, dance to, or bet on, but when it comes to watching them fall in love, date, or otherwise live their normal lives, it's just not must-see TV?

Ever notice ABC's flailing attempt at diversity with the Bachelor or Bachelorette? You'll have the caucasion Bachelorette, the 20 dudes she gets to choose from including the one black guy that never, ever gets past the second episode. Indeed, he's lucky if he gets to talk on camera. The Bachelor is like the new Friends--a make believe world where very few ethnicities ever appear....

No comments: