Monday, February 04, 2008

Great Comment Board Conversations: #1

It's time for a new category on Xpinionated.  I know, I know past features on this blog have often been shortlived.  But you know what, still my blog so read it, comment, and let me do what I does!

The first installment was on this story regarding injury to that guy covering Plaxico Burress on the winning Super Bowl score.

OCleftcoast:  tank, careful, I think I hear a banjo in the background! Yikes!

tankrose:  OCleftcoast, don't be a racist on here. That is not cool! You have no idea what you are talking about!

OCleftcoast:  racist? what are you talking about?

tankrose:  You said you could here a "banjo playing" are you saying that I am a hillbilly. Watch that BLEEP !

OCleftcoast:  no, I was joking about that other guy you told to go clean his fish. C'mon now,

tankrose:  Yeah, sure and if the shoe was on the other foot, then what? I find that offensive! You have no idea what my skin color is and you are saying I am a inbreed, hillbilly. That don't belong here. You want to go there, we can. Lets keep it out of that!

Cubbiesfan93:  Geez tankrose, he wasn't even talking to you. The only reason you should react like that is if you really are a hillbilly.

OCleftcoast:  Tank chill, It was the other guy, his avatar, not you, lighten up!

tankrose:  NO, what I am saying is that kind of BLEEP leads to other BLEEP So lets keep it above that. We anit got to go there. Stay with football! Don't get all racial!

OCleftcoast:  The movie Deliverance, maybe you never saw it! My apologies.

As I was reading this dialogue that had nothing to do with the topic of the story, I couldn't help but wonder how sensitive and/or politically correct tankrose must be.  But then the comedy of this exchange rears it's comical head.  Who knew hillbilly was a race?  And what exactly is the other foot when you call someone a hillbilly?  In fact, for all of his political correctness, tankrose is actually more offensive than any others befuddled by his responses.  tankrose makes several jumps to stereotypical conclusions:  banjo to hillbilly, hillbilly to race(?), hillybilly to inbreed.  Oddly enough, when I read banjo, I too thought 'Deliverance'.  

No comments: