Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Why I blog?

I sometimes wonder why I blog.  I see other folks blogs and wonder how they became so popular.  How did they get such a loyal fanbase?  Then I tell myself that I don't do it to gain a fanbase.  It would be nice, no doubt, to have or to know that somebody out there has found Xpinionated other than the scammers who try to spam my comments.  But after six years, I guess I do  do it for myself.

I do feel as if I have something to add.  Although, I may not have a particular theme with Xpinionated (which is probably part of the reason the readership is low), I do have an opinion that I would like to be heard.  Though, I don't blog as much lately, I still want to be heard.

Even if I wanted a theme, I'm not sure what theme that would be.  As witnessed by the decline in my Lakers and Redskins/Hokies blogs, even the things I love I don't always feel like talking about. So to put a theme to this blog would mean I would have to damn near be obsessing over something....I'm too old to obsess or at least too old to actually put any kind of extra effort into my obsessing!

No comments: