Friday, January 16, 2009

Understanding Female Psyche

Again I'm made to feel like I'm wrong for not asking my wife if she wanted to go to the game next Friday night. Maybe I should back up.

The owner of one of my old watering holes gave me four tickets to an Atlanta Hawks game on the 23rd. I told my wife about it and she says something to the effect of that's nice. Later in the week, I tell her that I invited two friends to the game and again she says something to the effect of that's nice. Today, my phone goes off with a text and I tell her I sent a message to another friend about the game. To which she now replies, "Inviting everybody but your family."

?!?!??!

At no point, has she ever expressed a desire to see the Atlanta Hawks. In fact, the only pro basketball games she watches are Lakers games and that's because of my die-hardness. And now suddenly....

It changes my mood because I'm made to be the uninterested father like I've done something wrong. It happens with other things....after the fact, the situation is made out to be like I'm trying to avoid spending time with my family.

No comments: