Monday, February 02, 2009

Layoff Lessons #2

There is something else that being unemployed has taught me. I have a great family. My wife is doing her best not to lose her mind and has been acting as my personal hype man. If you're a patient at her dental office, she will be collecting your email and company information. Thanks love.

My son, though a handful, is great. I've literally spent a month with him every single day. No eight hour break for work. Just me and him during the day and he definitely makes me smile more often than he makes me scream. It's almost like he knows that I am busy and he goes and plays by himself. Don't get me wrong, looking for a job while caring for him has proven to be pretty difficult at times but we're managing. And I feel like I know him better than I ever have. Mrs. Xpinionated still understand his baby talk a little bit better than I do but he seems to be listening (and obeying) me a little bit more.

He's a great kid!

No comments: