Monday, May 08, 2006

Driving Pet Peeves

The top ten list as produced by Hagerty Insurance is as follows


  • Distracted drivers talking on cell phones

  • Slow drivers in the fast lane

  • Pushy drivers who tailgate

  • Drivers who weave through traffic to gain one or two car lengths

  • Obnoxious drivers who speed up to keep you from changing lanes

  • Hasty drivers who change lanes without signaling

  • 'Road Rage'

  • Motorcyclists who race down the middle of a lane, between cars

  • Women applying makeup and men shaving

  • Drivers who leave their turn signal on for miles



I have to agree with all of them. I am guilty of probably one or two or four. Let's see: I may tailgate but that's only if you're a slow driver in the fast lane so I don't know if that counts.
I do weave through traffic but I usually get more than one or two cars up so I don't know if that counts. Plus that is also only when there's a slow driver in the fast lane.
I usually let folks over but not if they are a)in an unmarked van, typically that signifies slow driver, b) they are getting in the left lane but not passing anybody, and c) if it's bumper to bumper traffic and you have a vehicle I wouldn't be able to see around. So I don't know if that coutns
I do experience Road Rage episodes but of course that's due to other things on this list....so I don't know if that counts.

No comments: