Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Black History Month

Every year about this time, TV floods images of famous black folk on the airwaves. A lot of my white friends say to me, why isn't there a white history month not realizing that most of the year is dedicated to white history. Not only do we get the shortest month of the year, we still have to compete with Valentines Day!

But that's okay. I'm starting a grassroots organization that is going to ask, nay, demand special treatment during Black History month. And by special treatment I mean things such as %50 off at your local bar on select drafts and Cocktails. 2 for 1 lap dances. 1/2 off on hookers. After all, you should always help a hustler and hug a ho. Heathenism on a fire sale!!! All debauchery must go....

Wait....I retract my statements above. On a serious note, Black History Month is an important time of year not only for Blacks but for all of Americans. It is an opportunity for those who may not be exposed to black culture on a daily basis to learn more than what the media provides in the late night news.

No comments: