Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Sixty Two - For really?

I knew something was going on last night when my wife uncharacteristically decided she wanted to come with me to watch the game. She rarely goes to the sports bar, after all she's not a sports fan. But alas, she went...and she drank. She rarely drinks, after all she's not a drinker.

So there we were. Me feeling a little weird with my wife actually with me at the bar. Her having a grand time with wine and one of her workout partners. Suddenly I notice something about the evening. Kobe's got 15 in the first quarter. Getting nervous because that can only mean the rest of the team isn't contributing. 32 at halftime and a nine point advantage. He's got 60% of our points. But my nervousness subsided when right before halftime, I saw something in Kobe's eyes that said tonite would be special indeed.

Kobe was discussing a call with the ref as they were headed to half time. Suddenly, Jason Terry of the Mavericks steps between Kobe and the ref, with his back to Kobe and starts a conversation with the ref. Yes, very rude. Kobe's face went from disbelief, to 'for really, who is this Jason Terry kid think he is', to a smirk saying your rudeness will be reaped tenfold. Kobe walked away with Jason still yapping, a smirk on Kobe Bean's face left that dangerous 'I'm kinda pissed by that' look on his face.

30 points later, Jason Terry wasn't doing much talking

No comments: