Monday, September 23, 2002

I suppose it is time I tell a little about myself.

I'm male, 27 years old, 28 in a couple of days. I am in the information technology industry. I'm quite sexy when I want to be (if I say so myself, and I just did). I have a wonderful girlfriend that you have already made acquaintances with in an earlier blog. I drink and I smoke. I grew up near the beach but never went to it. Now that I live in Atlanta, I kind of miss having the beach around really.

I am a Laker fan, first and foremost. Then, I am a VT Hokie fan. Lastly, I am a Washington Redskin fan. I think baseball sucks. Actually I don't even think it is a sport. Anything you can chew tobacco and play at the same time is not a sport. Any activity where the 'leader' only plays once every five or six games is not a sport. Any activity where the entire game can be played twice in a single day is not a sport. To me, sport implies physical exertion to the point of exhaustion and inability to make said exertion again once initial exertion has been completed. Any activity where the playing field changes sizes based on a city's whim is not a sport. Any activity where a player is special if he is 40 percent (batting .400) successful in something that he's done his entire life is not a sport. Okay, that last one wasn't the best example. Anyway, baseball is a pasttime, maybe the national pasttime, but still only a pasttime. Much like checkers....

No comments: