Wednesday, September 18, 2002

Why do interracial relationships make others outside the relationship so angry? It's kind of funny actually. The fact that who I date, or rather the race of who I date, can change a person's mood. I'm not trying to be the holier than thou narrator. I have been on both sides of the coin. In college (VA TECH), I basically refused to date white women. I spent most of my time in a predominantly white environment being considerably prejudiced. After college, I moved to Atlanta, the new chocolate city, and fell for a white woman. How ironic. I wasn't looking for a white woman nor is my preference limited to strictly white women. I was simply into L-Boogie and that is what drove, and continues to drive our relationship. Why is that so hard to understand?

No comments: