Thursday, April 22, 2004

When I have children, I hope I don't become one of those people that talk about nothing but my children. I find that to be overly annoying. I want to be the best parent I can be but I don't want being a parent to define who I am. I don't want to give up hobbies, or doing things I enjoy to be a parent. I understand that I will have to sacrifice things but I don't think I should sacrifice everything. I work with someone now whose whole personality seems to be defined by her being a parent. Granted, it's her first child and the child has had some rather serious problems but she still seems a little overboard. Almost every other conversation anybody has with her has to do with labor, pregnancy, or some other aspect of babyology. Her child is like 8 months old and she sometimes acts as if the child was born yesterday. Maybe I'm just finnicky and not fit to be a parent.

I need to work with some people that have no kids and\or don't use the fact that they have children as an excuse for doing nothing else.

No comments: