Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Today

I've had a bad morning oh yes I have. So I get up to get Magdeline to Kaufmann Tires on Lawrenceville-Suwanee RD in Suwanee, GA 30024 by 8 am. Why do I do this? Because when speaking with personnel on the phone two days prior I was told getting the car there as soon as they opened was best. Tell them the problem, they tell me an hour, hour and 15 and they should be done. This, again, was at 8 am. At approximately 8:50 am, I tire of the PSP and look out to see what the deal is with my ride. Yeah, still in the parking space I parked her in. Call the wife to vent a little bit....at 9:25, I tell the guy to give me my keys, I can't wait any longer. He gives an apology saying they only have one guy back there. Two flippin' problems with this: 1)Why didn't you tell me that you were understaffed an hour and a half ago? 2)Why do you have two to three guys answering the phone and at the front desk and only one flippin' mechanic??

So I leave this place aggressively to let them know the extent of my displeasure. Since it's 9:30, I decide I might as well stop by the optometrist to get some new contacts because the Ocular Science one she gave me last week are horrible. Now last week during my 9:30 am appointment, the doctor showed up at 10. Fluke, misunderstanding, right? No, get to the office today and the doctor is not there. Now, it's one thing if you're open from 7am to 7 pm everyday and you happen to be late. But if you're only open tuesday - friday 9:30 - 5 and Saturday 9:30 - 1, couldn't you at least be on time getting to the freakin' office??? You don't even have a 40 hour week......So I tell the receptionist that I don't have time to wait for her to track him down so she is supposed to be giving me a call sometime about something.

Now here it is, I've been 'out and about' for almost two hours and have absolutely, positively, overwhelmingly nothing to show for my time. Not a damn thing. Not a dingleberry in a horse's tail.

On my way to work, I decide to stop at Chick Fil A. I'm thinking 10 am, morning rush done, afternoon rush not started, get in get out. Unless they put the most talkative lady ever on drive thru........

When I get to work I realize I picked up the wrong lunch.....and I have to boil my coffee due to a water main break....and some of my most demanding users are once again demanding.....and I still have to get my damn car tire looked at....and I still have to get some eyes.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hectic day... but you had time to post this, must not have been that bad... shaddy

Xpinionated said...

Hi anonymous,
Who said I had a hectic day? I said I had a 'bad' morning which in no way implies that I was pressed for time or that the day itself was hectic. It was bad, things going wrong....

Anonymous said...

I have had that trouble at the same Kaufmann place. But I still go there...I am just careful about asking them when I call "hey man can you fit me in, if not i'll try you again tomorrow" so they feel like they will get my revenue regardless and it's just a matter of which day they get it. this has led to more honest exchanges. good luck finding a better vendor.