Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Torn

Initially, I was torn about creating a blog dedicated to something I despise. I felt that if I created this outlet for my dislike, I was somehow giving it credit. Kinda like calling someone just to let them know how much you dislike them. Because though your intent is to disclose your dislike, at the same time it shows them that you were thinking of them and cared enough to contact them. That's why I have never called this piece of shit radio station.

They have this morning show with Bert, Melissa, Jen, and Jeff. I used to be able to deal with Jeff but even he annoys me as much as the others do. They are a talentless bunch that feeds off soap opera antics to gain listeners. Unfortunately, it works but it is still depressing. It's sad to see folks flourish off the lives of others without contributing so much as a hint of anything worthwhile.

My wife loves the station. The worse thing for me is to wake up in the morning and have the second voice I hear be any of these four. Since we carpool, I know I'll have at least 45 minutes of despair listening to them. So to hear them the first 15 minutes of my day intensifies the suckage that is morning.

Anyway, with this blog I intend to chronicle the utter stupidity of this show. The ultimate goal is that this blog will cease to exist due to the end of the Bert Show. But since that is unlikely, I can at least hope to get rid of some of the anger that often starts my day.

No comments: